Monday, August 15, 2011

Puppy love

So, this past Friday Scott and I enjoyed our 4 year anniversary of marriage to one another. We celebrated with our shared gift this year, Thor. But my darling husband also surprised me with 18 beautiful red roses and a new master bath décor that I’ve been wanting. This year of our marriage has, without a doubt, been the one with the most exciting changes yet. From jobs to moving to homes and a puppy to fill our hearts; life has proven most exciting!

10 weeks old

Our first week with our little big guy has been so much fun. His crate training has been a huge success as he can now make it all the way through the night without potty breaks. SLEEP-YAY! We’ve formed a great daily routine that has really worked out well. It involves pooping, eating, playing sleeping, pooping, eating, sleeping, playing, eating, pooping, sleeping. He’s learning to listen to our commands and is getting much better about following directions. I know he only wants to be near us and please us at all times. I can’t wait to start puppy school!



He's our love bug

He loves sitting/lying in my lap on the floor. He can be so sweet. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when he’s 180 lbs and wants to sit in my lap still… but I don’t want to miss out on this cuddle time. Scott's just as bad as I am. His other favorite past time is chewing. Chew, chew, chew… anything—everything. He’s very good at listening to me when I tell him “no” so he hasn’t destroyed anything of ours yet. But I kid you not; he will walk up to a tree and try to chew on it. I will not miss this phase in his life. I need eyes in the back of my head!

Helping out with dishes :)


Yesterday, he got his first bath with us. I went out and bought all the best organic puppy shampoo and conditioner that Petsmart has to offer. I fully expected to get wet and was dressed appropriately for the occasion but the second I turned on the bath tub you would have thought I was trying to throw him into a flaming volcano. He was terrified of the noise. We have a detachable shower head which was great for washing him and once I switched the water to that he did much better. There were a few times he tried to make a great escape and I dropped the shower extension and hosed down our bathroom and myself. He loved the shampoo rub down, though. I had the feeling he could have stood there all day.

 After getting him rinsed and squeezed out he was ready to dry off. We towel dried him for the most part then busted out the hair dryer. He did REALLY well with it. Scott held him in his sit while I went to town. He didn’t cry and as long as Scott was next to him he didn’t try to run for it. Thankfully, his coat is thin and dried really fast. Not a bad first go around.
Right now I can smell the beautiful blooming roses from Scott and am quietly laughing at my sleeping puppy as he twitches and dreams. I’m not sure how four years can go by so fast but at the same time feel like we’ve been doing this forever. I know time only speeds up from here so I’m truly trying to enjoy every second of it.
Love love love,
S/A

No comments:

Post a Comment