Monday, August 29, 2011

Big ladies man...er--pup

It amazes me how much can happen in such a short time.
Last we left you; Thor was our gangly, clumsy, pile of love. Now he is… well, still all of those things but bigger. Today we went to our last puppy check up. He had his last round of shots and took it like a trooper. He weighed in at 40lbs. For anyone keeping track that is a 10lb gain in three weeks. When I measured his height, he is 22 ½ inches at the shoulder. This is 2½ inches up from 10 weeks. And I forgot to do an initial length measurement but he’s currently about 38inches from the tip of his nose to the base of his tail. Scott and I think he’s grown at least 3 inches there. The doctor said he’s in perfect shape and to keep doing what we’re doing.
Turns out though, our little guy is a super ladies man--- To all my single male friends out there, I found your solution!  This pup’s everybody’s friend and knows no stranger. He was so sweet and loving to everyone who handled him. He made sure to give the cute nurse extra kisses (which she loved). Little guy already has game.
Lately, we’ve been working on our off leash training every day. He’s done such a great job of heeling by my side on our walks. In the afternoons, we spend time out in the front yard playing. He knows exactly where our property line is and sticks to it. But, because I’ve been working so much off leash I haven’t put his harness on him in a couple of weeks. When I went to put it on him this morning for the vet, I was out of luck. He’d out grown it.
So, after our vet visit we dropped by the pet store. All of the workers just crooned over him. We found a very handsome harness that is a little big right now but he’ll grow into it quickly, I’m sure. While we were there we also got him signed up for puppy classes now that he’s fully vaccinated. In the meantime though, he’s already learned sit, stay, heel, and the ever popular… no.
But nurses and strangers aren’t the only ones crazy for our pup. My big sister, Terra, came up to Branson for a visit last week. If you don’t know Terra then it is crucial to understand that she is terrified of and, overall, detests all dogs. Even our family dogs growing up she regarded with much disdain. So, this visit was a biggie. Thankfully, he worked his charming puppy mojo on her and she fell for him hook line and sinker. Frankly, this speaks volumes. All puppy lovin’ aside though, it was so fantastic to get to spend some quality time with her! Thanks Bella!

Also, amongst our visitors is our new friend Miguel (who is a pug/? (his mother was of questionable character)). These two played and played until they were so tierd they laid on the floor looking at each other unable to go another round. They were so fun to watch. I know Thor is looking forward to more play dates!
Scott’s job is still going wonderfully. I’m so glad he gets to do what he loves and, of equal importance, in a friendly environment that makes work enjoyable. I know as the nights get cooler he’s anxious for camping season to start. But, this southern heat is still keeping us out of the woods… for now.
Me? Well, see above for anything new in my life. J
Hugs and kisses to our loving friends and family. We will see you all very soon!
S/A

No comments:

Post a Comment