Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Classic

Since September 25th 1986, 25 years have passed. I am in a new age demographic and can check a new box on questionnaires. In car years I’m a classic.
I remember my 4th birthday party (which was so stinking awesome) at Pizza Hut. Rafael, the ninja turtle, was there making it that much better. But more than that, my granddad came in with a brand new boom box on his shoulder for me playing New Kids on the Block’s “Happy Birthday Girl”. I was in childhood Nirvana.
My 9th birthday I was given a musical jewelry box that I still use today. My mother told me that it was a very special birthday since it was the last time I would celebrate a single digit. I’m pretty sure we had the party at Chuck-E-Cheeze back when it was Show-Biz. Ah, yes, the large robot band and ball pit.
16 was a fun birthday thanks to all my wonderful friends and family who threw me a fun surprise party. There was swimming, because in AR September doesn’t always mean cold weather, and an Italian themed cake, since I was obsessed with Italy.
When I turned 21 it was a month after Scott and I got married. He took me shopping then cooked dinner before we went out for dessert and drinks. It was the first birthday I didn’t get breakfast in bed (a beloved Clark kid tradition). But getting to spend my birthday with my husband was a worthy trade off.
And now I arrive to my 25th, my golden birthday. My favorite thing of all time is getting overly dressed up and going out some place formal. Branson is limited on its formal dining but the Hilton obliged us. I rented a beautiful Badgley Mischka gown (in gold, of course) with the most amazing Elizabeth Cole earrings ever, and had a big night on the town with Scott and our friends Josh and Sara. After formal dining we decided to head down town to our favorite Irish pub and class the joint up a little. It was hilarious!
Scott, of course, spoiled me with gifts all week ending with flowers, Spumante, and a NASCAR cake. Have I ever seen NASCAR? No. Do I like NASCAR? No. But who am I to question the man who is about to take me out for an amazing evening? Turns out, the cake was pretty tasty.

Shamelessly sprawling

 As for our favorite four legged friend, he was happy to help us celebrate too. He played with Miguel all weekend and minded his manners around my dress. He turned 4 months old at the end of September. His puppy classes are going great still. I took him on a hike last week and he was off leash the whole time. He would walk right beside me unless he saw something interesting; then, he would run ahead about 10 feet and wait for me to catch up. I must say, he is a really awesome dog.
I would like to thank everyone who has touched my life in the last 25 years. I know it takes a village and I’m grateful to each of you. The love and joy that has filled my life is more than any one person could hope or ask for.
Our love to you all,
S/A

No comments:

Post a Comment